JossStoneForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band

2 posters

Go down

Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band Empty Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band

Post  Moderator Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:34 pm

There’s more than a whiff of spooky coincidence behind Yes Sir Boss getting signed to Joss Stone’s label.

“We were on our way to a gig,” bassist Josh Stopford recalls. “We were lost in the fog and I accidentally called the first ‘J’ in my contacts, which happened to be Joss [Stone]” – an old childhood friend.

“I said ‘sorry, wrong number’, but she said ‘no I’ve been meaning to talk to you – do you want to come and support me in Amsterdam?’”

The Bristol six-piece clearly impressed our Joss, who snapped them up as the first signing to her new label, Stone’d Records (see what she did there?).

So, what does the Devon singer’s new favourite band sound like?

Think Balkan blues mixed with horn-injected indie rock and you’ll be coming close. It’s a sound that has seen them perform at the likes of Glastonbury, Latitude, Bestival, Electric Picnic and Green Man, and even a Radio 1 Maida Vale session with Rob Da Bank.

But don’t take our – or even her – word for it. They’re playing tonight and you can judge for yourself. Spooky, huh?

http://www.scoutlondon.com/​2012/03/28/​spooky-start-for-joss-stones-fa​ve-band/
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band Empty Re: Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band

Post  Moderator Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band Ysb_0311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band Empty Re: Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band

Post  bryan1 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:15 am

Spooky start for Joss Stone's fave band 2334895670

Very Happy Very Happy
bryan1
bryan1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down