JossStoneForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party

3 posters

Go down

Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party Empty Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party

Post  Moderator Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 pm

May 5th 2012 Yes Sir Boss hosted their EP Launch Party at The Fiddlers venue in Bristol.

The Fiddlers is a fair sized venue, split into two halves with a large bar in the centre Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party 3060150133 AWESOME! lol! I got to The Fiddlers about 8:30pm with the sound of Yes Sir Boss playing the end of their sound check and there was a fair ammount of people inside chillin and relaxing with a beverage before the masses turned up.

Indeed they all did turn up in their masses, I run to the bar to get stocked up on cider yum and then see the lovely Joss looking as gorgeous as ever Smile

After doing a few tweets for Yes Sir Boss and the lovely Hannah Berney we headed for the stage area and not too far from the bar. Up first the fanstastic support from Hay Moon Shaker, I can't remember their names but it was a dude on guitar and vocals and another dude doing the drums via beatbox, bloody good stuff!

Time for Yes Sir Boss!!!

Headed for the front of the stage and waiting for them to start, then they did and WOW they've upped their game so much, so much inproved, less noodling and faffing between songs and very proffessional Smile So it was the normal motley crew (Yes Sir Boss) and another addition to the horn section accompanying Tom and Jehan with a trumbone, awesome PHAT sounding horn section! Obviosly holding down the groove was Reuben and Josh on drums and bass (and may I say Josh looking very sexy indeed) and then Luke and Matthew on Guitar and vocals Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party 3965337737 They played some new songs, crap that I am I can't remember the names though Shocked Although I'm sure one of the new songs is titled 'When We Were Young'

Anyhoo dancing away, enjoying the sounds and it goes by far too quickly, we all want more so of course an encore was needed Wink

Afterwards everyone rushes out for a fag and cool down, then it's time to go and get my Desperation State EP and signed poster cheers more to add to the music memrobillia collection.

More drinks and more dancing with an awesome DJ, didn't go to bed until about 5am it was a buzzing night and what a Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party 136416910 ing awesome talented bunch of guys and gal Very Happy Very Happy

So with the album set to be released soon and a music video of their single 'Not Guilty' the future looks very bright for Yes Sir Boss and I can't wait for the next gig bounce

That is all Wink

http://soundcloud.com/diplomatsofsound/sets/yes-sir-boss-desperation-state

Last edited by Chris Elliott on Tue May 08, 2012 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin

Back to top Go down

Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party Empty Re: Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party

Post  1jsfan Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks for the update. Sounds great! cheers

Right now I have to live vicariously through those that can make it to these events. bounce

Keep them coming Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party 1237024881 and I'll just ... Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party 3060150133
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 08, 2012 5:35 am

What can I say except LOVE 'em and thanks for the review Chris Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52841951@N05/

Back to top Go down

Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party Empty Review By Natalie Burns

Post  Moderator Thu May 10, 2012 6:51 am

Desperation State - Yes Sir Boss EP Launch Party

Saturday May 7th heralded the release of Yes Sir Boss' new EP with Joss Stone's label, Stoned Records at the intimate venue Fiddlers in Bedminster, and the new tracks certainly didn't disappoint.
Being a Bristolite myself, I've been a fan of Yes Sir Boss for a while. Within the first hour of the doors opening, the gig was sold out; not merely a testament to their fan base at home, but to their unique, catchy-without-being-tediously-irritating hooks, their always energetic and honest performances and their brilliantly unique sound.
The Bossers have a truly eclectic mix of influences, from Spaghetti Western inspired tense build ups, to wonderful Jazz phrasing and Funky Reggae beat energy. The gig was in full swing from the moment it kicked off. They are one of those rare modern bands whose appeal doesn't lie simply in the front man, or in some killer hook, but in the fact that all the members bring something truly meaty to the musical table, and that blend of artistic flavours combined with the genuine feeling they bring to their performance is really something different.
There's no limelight hogging here, just a band with proper old school panache. The nice thing about this lot is that there are so many bands who attempt to fuse genres, and all that occurs is a sort of loss of identity or continuity, but Yes Sir Boss have both the talent and the balls to pull it off. What could be a musical mess for a lesser band is turned into something bold and interesting – like a Jackson Pollock of the music world – vibrant and interesting, resulting in a gig that is fucking good fun!
The new EP, Desperation State consists of four tracks - a mix of previously released and new material – Not Guilty, Desperation State, Pretty Thing and Never Know – and is definitely well worth getting hold of. But I also stress that if you get the chance you should go and see them live. If you love good music, an electric atmosphere, and skanking till you can skank no more, then get tickets immediately. They are touring right now, and it was wicked seeing them in such a small venue, an opportunity which if my music magic ball serves me right, may well soon be a rare treat. The Bossers are going to be big.

Yes Sir Boss are;

Matthew Sellors – Guitar/Lead Vocals
Luke Potter – Guitar/Vocals
Tom First – Trumpet/Melodica/Piano/Vocals
Jehan Abdel-Malak – Soprano/Tenor & Alto Sax/Melodica/Piano/Vocals
Josh Stopford – Bass Guitar/Ukulele/Vocals
Reuben Nimmo – Drums

For upcoming gigs visit Yes Sir Boss Official Site www.yessirboss.com

http://knowledgeporridge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/desperation-state-yes-sir-boss-ep.html#!/2012/05/desperation-state-yes-sir-boss-ep.html
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 am

Nice report! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52841951@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content