JossStoneForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain to be hit by SNOW in October!

+2
bryan1
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! Empty Britain to be hit by SNOW in October!

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 am

Shocked

Britain to be hit by SNOW in October... forecasters warn an early winter is on its way

Britain is about to experience an early winter, with snow expected to arrive as soon as next month, forecasters have warned.

Temperatures over the next three months will plummet to below average with one long-range forecaster predicting snowfalls in October.

James Madden, of Exacta Weather, said: ‘I expect to see the first signs of some moderate to heavy snowfalls as early as October or November in certain parts of the UK.

I expect December, January and February to experience below-average temperatures, with the heaviest snowfall occurring within the time frame of November to January across many parts of the UK.

More...

Stock up on hats and scarves: Autumn draws in as forecasters warn of unsettled weather ahead
A greener Greenland? Times Atlas 'error' overstates global warming

‘Huge swirly low-pressure systems also offer the potential for widespread disruption from heavy snowfall across many parts of the UK including the South, as they clash with the predominant cold air.’

He added that Scotland and the North would face the worst weather, including possible ‘blizzard-like conditions’.

The UK and Ireland have also been forecast to experience extreme cold conditions and snow from the Arctic for prolonged periods.

Netweather forecaster Paul Michaelwaite has also predicted ‘widespread’ snowfall as early as November.

He told the Daily Express: ‘Over the past four years November snow has not been rare at all, and with temperatures below the average there is the chance of some widespread falls.’

Meanwhile, The Met Office has said that below average temperatures in October mean there is a chance of upcoming overnight frosts, which would be seen predominantly in the Midlands and south-east.

And Weather Services International agreed that October, November and December would be hit with temperatures approximately two degrees lower than the average.

WSI’s chief meteorologist, Dr Todd Crawford, told the Express: ‘We currently expect the coldest temperatures to be confined to western Europe.’

Last winter parts of the UK experienced up to 30 inches of snow and temperatures fell to -19C.

The UK has already been hit by Hurricane Katia this month, which has left Britain’s clean-up bill at around £100 million, experts said last week.

The storm was the worst Britain has seen in 15 years after winds of up to 80mph left a trail of devastation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039418/UK-weather-Snow-forecast-parts-Britain-early-October.html#ixzz1YWiw2z4b

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52841951@N05/

Back to top Go down

Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! Empty Re: Britain to be hit by SNOW in October!

Post  bryan1 Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 am

Ahhh! the Daily Mail Rolling Eyes We're all doomed I tell you, all doomed affraid
bryan1
bryan1

Back to top Go down

Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! Empty Re: Britain to be hit by SNOW in October!

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:30 am

Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! 2630518633 Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! 1237024881

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52841951@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Oh dear...I'm not good with cold weather Shocked
Sophie
Sophie
Admin

http://www.jossstoneuk.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:53 am

Weve had the heatwave so I guess its no suprize to get snow its the UK after all Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! 2630518633
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 am

Has anyone found any snow yet?? Britain to be hit by SNOW in October! 450141532

I know the South West has had torrential rain today and some of the counties have been flooded!! Thats quite normal for Britain though I suppose Shocked
Sophie
Sophie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bryan1 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:26 am

Where I live (East Anglia), it seems quite mild - I have not bothered with the central heating yet.
bryan1
bryan1

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm in Gloucestershire and the temperature's dropped a bit but it's still mild for this time of year. I can't wait for the snow though Smile It's when it all goes to mush and brown it's horrible.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SMS Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:52 am

Out here in the sticks its been cold enough for the central heating but no sign of snow yet
SMS
SMS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 am

Oh yes its definately gotten colder!! I've been pulling out my jumpers this week!! :lol:
Sophie
Sophie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down