JossStoneForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways

4 posters

Go down

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways Empty Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways

Post  Moderator Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:35 am

I've always found body language really interesting and I've studied it for years now. What have you picked up on from interviews Joss has done to the public? If a picture says one thousand words then a visual recording says a lot more.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways Empty Re: Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways

Post  bryan1 Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:58 am

Chris Elliott wrote:I've always found body language really interesting and I've studied it for years now. What have you picked up on from interviews Joss has done to the public? If a picture says one thousand words then a visual recording says a lot more.
Tease!  What do you say?Very Happy
bryan1
bryan1

Back to top Go down

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways Empty Re: Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways

Post  1jsfan Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:21 am

Her whole body really speaks to me...her legs even rap!  Very Happy Very Happy Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 449107794
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  bryan1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 am

Not quite the same thing I suppose - but I notice you can't get her to say anything she doesn't want to.  If the conversation drifts off topic, she very gently steers it back on course.Very Happy
bryan1
bryan1

Back to top Go down

Post  1jsfan Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 am

bryan1 wrote:Not quite the same thing I suppose - but I notice you can't get her to say anything she doesn't want to.  If the conversation drifts off topic, she very gently steers it back on course.Very Happy
I noticed that right from the first. Even when she was very young, she did not let people lead her where she did not want to go in a conversation. I think it is just a part of her nature. Very Happy  She has always seemed strong to me in that regard.

So come on Chris, give us some insight to the body language.

I have noticed that she does not shy away from a confrontation.. rather she will perk up and face someone head on and look them right in the eye... She hold's her ground so to speak.
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 pm

1jsfan wrote:

So come on Chris, give us some insight to the body language.  

I have noticed that she does not shy away from a confrontation..   

Joss is quite an interesting character, I think it helps Joss that todays interviewing styles have changed from what Parkinson use to do and are more based on comedy and that's why we tend to hear the same questions and rehearsed answers over and over again in interviews. The interviewee control the interviewer now.

I would go as far to say Joss is still shy like when we saw her in her teens but she controls it alot more now and you've all probably noticed the classic poise, sitting up straight with knees together as a self control to be "proper" giving very little away. Joss' hand gestures are quite the same, very controlled and confident with her replies but her head movements are still the same as in her teens which she tends to bow her head down through nervousness, shyness and laughter. Just beacuse someone is smiling doesn't mean they're happy.

It's funny because Joss can appear to be interested in an interview question (Joss not wanting to appear rude) but the classic foot tapping of boredom gives much more away than her facial expressions. This convinces me Joss is a nice person, maybe not 100% genuine but that's to not come across as a diva and hurt peoples feelings.

But what is interesting is how flirty Joss can be and there was a situation where Joss was touching feet with an A Class celeb with her own feet not too long ago.  Shocked This is flirting at it's highest level with direct body language contact. If you think back to how Princess Diana use to manipulate the media with her head on the shoulder and eyes looking up gestures, Joss does this too.  You may be fooled into believing that a shoulder shrug with a response to a question is an 'I'm not fussed' reaction but more likely a cutesy way to flirt and get your own way.

Joss is very media savvy and knows how she comes across on camera, you will notice the next time you watch an interview of Joss that they will ask a question that has been asked before but if they then ask a question that hasn't been asked before Joss' body language will change and that won't be a controlled reaction, that's the Joss I like Smile

Joss is like an onion, many layers but the main reason I think people warm to her (apart from her beautiful voice) is her ability to laugh off uncomfortable situations, like everything is ok when infact it's easier to do that than expose her true feelings to the world and why should she have to, Joss is a singer and that's where her expressions should be, in her music.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1jsfan Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:33 am

Chris Elliott wrote:
Joss is like an onion, many layers but the main reason I think people warm to her (apart from her beautiful voice) is her ability to laugh off uncomfortable situations, like everything is ok when in fact it's easier to do that than expose her true feelings to the world and why should she have to, Joss is a singer and that's where her expressions should be, in her music.
Chris, I like you take on things.   I'm afraid I'm not too good on the analysis part, I know what I like and what I don't, but I'm hard pressed to explain why.   I just go on instinct mostly.

I do see a lot of what you are talking about, and I will look at her interviews with a new perspective now.  

I do think that she is a complex person, and I know she always talks about being shy, but it is hard to believe watching her do a show, but I guess that is just that her ability and desire to do a good performance over rides her shyness.   She is ever the professional when it come to her work.  

I highly respect her (anyone's) right not to have to expose their true feelings in public, and the fact that she has the will power to be able to do that is greatly to her benefit.   I see so many in the public eye that cannot , and in the end I think it hurts them.    

What you say here is something I totally agree with and HAVE noticed, but not put it in context as you have...

" Joss is very media savvy and knows how she comes across on camera, you will notice the next time you watch an interview of Joss that they will ask a question that has been asked before but if they then ask a question that hasn't been asked before Joss' body language will change and that won't be a controlled reaction, that's the Joss I like"    

Me too.   That is when she really comes alive and perks up...  

Also, your comments as to your reasons for thinking her to be a nice person, are interesting. I never really looked at it that way before, but my "instincts" have always led me to believe that she is a good person with a kind heart.
I do think she is a strong person. The choice she made to go her own way, rather than the path EMI wanted (whatever that may have been) must have been a hard one and took a lot of personal strength the way I see it.

Thanks for your thoughts I appreciate them.  Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 3446098708
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  beauferal Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:41 am

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 1237024881
beauferal
beauferal

Back to top Go down

Post  1jsfan Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 am

bryan1 wrote:How about this "body language" ? Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 2630518633 
That body language, even I could read. Very Happy 

It caused me to predict she would be invited to the wedding long before the event. Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 2630518633 
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  1jsfan Fri May 02, 2014 5:10 am

Maybe a little body language....  Ya think?    Very Happy

A totally great clip at so many levels.   Watch Pete pick a bug off her back at 0:45.   Shocked  ha ha.  
Listen to the crowd!   They love it.    Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 1237024881 

And her moves at the end are great!   Joss is one of the most naturally sexy people I can think of.  Joss just has a natural way about her that connects with people and exudes love.    Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 3188221233
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  beauferal Fri May 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Where was this video taken and do you know how this chap was able to perform a whole song for Joss?

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 2829330259
beauferal
beauferal

Back to top Go down

Post  1jsfan Fri May 02, 2014 9:34 pm

beauferal wrote:Where was this video taken and do you know how this chap was able to perform a whole song for Joss?

Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 2829330259

Probably one of the local artists she meets with  while doing her world tour..  What a girl!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki_Taane

Everyone seems to be wearing jackets, so it must have been cool, but it seems Joss was hot.   Very Happy 

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2014050118541/joss-stone-new-zealand-bird-protection/
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  beauferal Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Intereting Very Happy

Well from the body language on display, I was thinking Pete was exhibiting some kind of 'territorial display', the lucky singer showing confidence and relishing his opportunity to perform and Joss delighting in an outpouring of affection and appreciation which she is finding most agreeable scratch
beauferal
beauferal

Back to top Go down

Post  1jsfan Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 am

beauferal wrote:Intereting Very Happy

Well from the body language on display, I was thinking Pete was exhibiting some kind of 'territorial display', the lucky singer showing confidence and relishing his opportunity to perform and Joss delighting in an outpouring of affection and appreciation which she is finding most agreeable scratch

I'd say you pretty much nailed it.   It sure looked, and sounded like everyone was having a lot of fun.   Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/jossstone/photos/np.123148809.100000748089870/10152145504215838/?type=1&permPage=1
1jsfan
1jsfan

Back to top Go down

Post  beauferal Sat May 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Excellent stuff Joss Stone' Body Language Giveaways 1237024881
beauferal
beauferal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down