JossStoneForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album

3 posters

Go down

SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album Empty SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album

Post  edygee Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Mick Jagger Super Group SuperHeavy Is Ready To Roll
By Paul Cashmere

Mick Jagger will be rolling his next songs in the supergroup SuperHeavy with Dave Stewart, Damian Marley, Joss Stone and A.R. Rahman.

The self-titled SuperHeavy album has been given a release date in September but the first taste being the single ‘Miracle Worker’ will surface next week.

Dave Stewart describes SuperHeavy as “a mad alchemist type experiment”.

Mick Jagger says, “We haven’t planned to do a tour or anything, but if people really like it maybe we will. We’d love to get out and play some of it live. As soon as we started playing together in the studio it gelled, and all these different styles didn’t seem to be a problem to make them fit together... I hope people will like it....”

Songs on the SuperHeavy album include ‘One Day One Night’, ‘Energy’, ‘Unbelievable,’ ‘SuperHeavy,’ I Can’t Take It No More,’ ‘You’re Never Gonna Change’ and ‘I Don’t Mind.’

Main Credits on the ‘SuperHeavy’ album are - Mick Jagger (vocals, guitar and harmonica), Dave Stewart (guitar), Joss Stone (vocals), Damian Marley (vocals) and A. R. Rahman (vocals plus a variety of keyboards).

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15246-mick-jagger-super-group-superheavy-is-ready-to-roll
edygee
edygee

Back to top Go down

SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album Empty Re: SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album

Post  Sophie Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 pm

How exciting!! bounce bounce
Sophie
Sophie
Admin

http://www.jossstoneuk.com/

Back to top Go down

SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album Empty Re: SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album

Post  edygee Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Another article:
http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/jaggers-superheavy-collective-gets-a-release-date-2132/

Jagger's SuperHeavy Collective Gets A Release Date

The group's debut album will be released on 19 September

SuperHeavy will see Sir Mick team up with Eurythmics founder Dave Stewart, soul singer Joss Stone, Academy Award winning composer and global superstar A.R.Rahman and reggae star Damian Marley.

The eclectic line up have been recording together in various studios around the world, with the majority of the tracks on the project laid down over three weeks in Los Angeles earlier this year. The album will be unveiled in September and tracks include the first single 'Miracle Worker', plus 'One Day One Night', 'Energy', 'Unbelievable,' 'SuperHeavy,' I Can't Take It No More,' 'You're Never Gonna Change' and 'I Don't Mind.'

SuperHeavy came together after Jagger and Stewart considered what a band comprising of musicians from different genres would sound like. Jagger explains, "Dave really wanted to make a record with a different group of musicians, in other words, with different backgrounds of music. Instead of everyone being a rock musician, or basically a blues musician, or some other genre, he wanted to get as many genres together that would fit. I said it sounds like a good idea, I never thought it would actually happen."

Despite their disparate backgrounds, the collective hit the ground running, writing twenty-two songs in the first six days. Joss Stone was thrilled with the results, "That's what you need, all these opinionated people who have been brilliant in their own field, shove them together and see what comes out. It's really unexpected, it's mind blowing" she enthuses. Similarly enthused was Rahman, "The first day I was in a daze thinking, 'What am I doing? What's my role?' and then slowly we started writing with each other, and it was great. It took me way back to my high school days when I was playing in a rock band, but this one was a real one!" Jagger says of the writing process, "We ran the gamut of all our different styles mixed up, so we got Joss singing, Damian doing toasting, and me singing different styles."

A first for Mick Jagger is singing in Urdu, on a song composed by Rahman, entitled "Satyameva Jayate", meaning, "the truth alone triumphs", Rahman wrote the song after some gentle teasing from the others. Rahman explains, "In the daytime I was playing with them, in the night time and evenings I was gigging" "Then", says Jagger, "He didn't come into the studio one day, so I said, 'Where's A.R?' and he came in really late at night, really pleased saying, 'I've got my song!' I manage one line in Urdu, only one!"

As far as the future of SuperHeavy goes, "We haven't planned to do a tour or anything, but if people really like it maybe we will. We'd love to get out and play some of it live," says Jagger humbly. "As soon as we started playing together in the studio it gelled, and all these different styles didn't seem to be a problem to make them fit together... I hope people will like it...."

The promo video for the first single - 'Miracle Worker' - due to be filmed later this month and debut shortley afterwards.
edygee
edygee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Thank you Edy ! Very Happy
Sheila
Sheila

http://www.jossstoneuk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  edygee Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

Mick Jagger's New Group SuperHeavy Unveils Music

http://www.billboard.com/news/mick-jagger-s-new-group-superheavy-unveils-1005261152.story#

SuperHeavy reveals some tracks from the album 11482910

Details about the Mick Jagger-Dave Stewart supergroup SuperHeavy have been released slowly and the first public introduction of the music was almost as cagey. Jagger, Stewart, soul singer Joss Stone, reggae artist Damian Marley and film composer A.R. Rahman gathered to speak about the making of the album after about half of it was played -- no song titles provided -- Thursday (June 30) afternoon at the Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles. Their chat emphasized the unique nature of the project and the random way in which the music, a multi-cultural free-for-all at the start, came together.
They entered the studio with "ideas, a few guitar riffs and a few snippets of lyrics," Jagger told the small group assembled to hear the tracks. "It's not my usual sort of way of working. You always want to leave some room for improvisation, but you need to have something, some songs, when you walk into the studio.
"It evolved very quickly. We sat around with our little pads (writing). We did do a lot of jams but it's all coherent and arranged. We just wrote them quickly."
"I wasn't really familiar with everyone else's music before," Marley added, "but you observe how they work. It was a great experience."
Stewart received gasps of amazement and then rolls of laughter when he said they recorded 29 songs in 10 days. "Some are an hour and 10 minutes long, some songs are 42 minutes long," he said. It total, he guessed there was more than 35 hours of music recorded, from which he and his engineer found the highlights that would work as the roots of songs. "We re-convened and then sort of made it into a shape and in the last year it fell into place," he said.
One of the seven tracks played Thursday was the first single "Miracle Worker," a video for which was shot Wednesday. While most of the tracks played mix and match elements from multiple cultures -- Indian film music, reggae, blues, soul music and a dose of "Sister Morphine" -- "Miracle Worker" is a straight reggae tune. (The album's concept, from the start, was to see what would happen if a band of musicians from different cultures composed and recorded together.)
"One Day One Night" has the strongest collage construction, a mix of electronic beats, Indian and Jamaican rhythms and the blues with Jagger singing about the life of a run-down man -- the cheap motel, the fuzzy picture on the TV set and the warm vodka. "You're Never Gonna Change" is the most Rolling Stones-like song of the batch, a tense acoustic-guitar-driven number sung with a street-smart swagger by Jagger. "Energy," with Marley rapping the verses, is an upbeat "Slumdog Millionaire"-style dance track and the track "SuperHeavy," too, has a distinct Indian flavor in the beats and, toward its conclusion, a cinematic string section.
Other, less obviously named cuts included a ballad sung by Stone and fascinating blend of a dub bass line and strings to create a compelling pop song. Jagger said the selections chosen are representative of the album.
"It's powerful," Stewart said after noting how he got the idea for SuperHeavy from hearing various sounds from off in the distance while in Jamaica. "I love musicians from all over the world, but never liked the term 'world music.' That sounds like people knitting with yogurt."
After the event Stone said in a separate interview that they would wait to see the reaction to the album after it is released Sept. 20 before determining a next step for the band. Stone intends to tour the U.S. in early 2012 in support of her upcoming "LP1" and "by then, fingers crossed, if the world likes SuperHeavy, we'll do some shows."
edygee
edygee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down